Gardening is not just good for aesthetic reasons. It helps in becoming healthier by all the exercising, healthy foods and mental health. So here are all the benefits of gardening to your health.
EXERCISE IN GARDEN
- Before you start your gardening, you should warm up first. Stretch your legs, arms and hands before for at least 5-10 minutes which will not only make you healthier but also make the process of gardening easier for you.
- Just 30 minutes of exercise daily can give you so many health benefits like lower blood pressure, cholesterol and prevent diabetes. So make your gardening a regular act for your plants and yourself.
- Gardening and exercise are not easy. Some tasks require you to stand while some need you to kneel. You should keep alternating in your movements if you have many tasks to do. Like set specific time duration for every task. Do one task for a set time, then move on to the other one and back to the first one. This will help you in avoiding the pain.
- You should be careful while bending and lifting in the gardening. Like squat instead of kneeling and do not twist when you are lifting anything heavy.
- To make your gardening count as exercise, you need to put in a little effort. Like doing digging and turning a compost pile instead of just standing to water the plants.
FRESH FOOD FROM GARDEN
- When you are starting gardening, make sure you get plants that will improve your and make your diet healthy. Have a variety of fruits and vegetables and forget about worrying if you the food you are having is a little unhealthy.
- Plan everything out when you are gardening fruits and vegetables because some fruits and vegetables are available in specific seasons.
- Make sure that you cook your food correctly. Cooking a vegetable too much or adding fats will reduce all the nutrients from healthy vegetables. Do some study on how to keep the food healthy while cooking?
- Spending time in garden is not just good for you physically but it is very beneficial mentally. The fresh atmosphere of garden soothes the mind and keeps it healthy by reducing any kind of stress, anxiety or depression.
- It is scientifically proven that gardening can lower your blood pressure to make you healthier. In fact, just looking at plants can help you in minimizing anger and muscle tension.
- Gardening does not just benefit you while you are doing it but it also has long-term benefits. Aside from being stress-free, you can also prevent dementia and all the aggression from it.